The main public transportation system in the Washington, D.C area is the Metro. The subway/train line is called Metrorail and the bus line is Metrobus. Metro fare cards may be purchased at machines located at all Metrorail station entrances. The station is also fully accessible via elevators.
The easiest way to find public transit directions around DC is to use a smartphone map app, such as Google Maps or Maps (from Apple). Simply put in your desired start and end locations and it will give you the most direct or quickest public transit route, including departure times, walking directions, and maps.
Alternatively, you can go to www.wmata.com, the website of the Washington Metro Area Transit Authority. On wmata.com, you can put in your location and the website will provide public transportation options.
Metro Access at Metro Center and Gallery Pl-Chinatown Stations
The Grand Hyatt is located near two metro stations, giving it a high level of connectivity via the DC Metrorail system. Metro Center Station (with a entrance within the hotel) connects to the Red and Orange/Silver/Blue lines, while Gallery Pl-Chinatown Station (to the east) connects to the Red, and Yellow/Green lines.
Walking Directions from Gallery-Pl Chinatown Station (Red and Yellow/Green):
· Exit the metro station. You will be on G Street between 7th and 8th streets.
· Walk down G Street towards 8th St. Continue until you reach 9th St.
· Make a right on 9th street and walk until you reach H street.
· Make a left on H street and walk until you cross 10th St. Look for an entrance to the hotel on your left.
· (The hotel takes up the block between H and G street and between 10th and 11th streets.)
***See map below.***
***See map below.***
For all three aiports, we outlined some public transit options for travelling to the Grand Hyatt hotel. In addition, for all three airports, there are also other transportation options to the hotel, including Lyft/Uber, taxis, and shuttles.
FROM REAGAN NATIONAL AIRPORT TO THE CONFERENCE
Travelling by Metrorail to the Conference Venue:
• Option 1: Take the YELLOW line towards Mt. Vernon Sq/7th St. Get off at “Gallery Pl — Chinatown” station. Follow walking directions above.
• Option 2: Take the BLUE line towards Largo Town Center. Get off at “Metro Center Station”.
FROM BWI AIRPORT TO THE CONFERENCE
Travelling by MARC train:
Take a free, 10 minute long shuttle bus ride from baggage claim to the BWI Rail Station. This bus runs about every ten minutes. Then you can board the MARC train, “Penn Line” from BWI Rail Station to Union Station with a $8 ticket. The trip takes about 40 minutes. From Union Station, board a red line Metro towards “Shady Grove” and get off at the Metro Center Station. For more information and the MARC train schedule call (800) 325 RAIL or go to www.mtamaryland.com.
FROM DULLES AIRPORT
How to connect to the Metrorail system from Dulles Airport: the airport provides non-stop bus service between the airport and the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station. From the Wiehle-Reston East station, board Metro’s Silver Line towards “Largo Town Center”. Get off at Metro Center station.